The President Hotel’s doors are open again and ready to welcome back guests! In celebration, we have launched our experience video, which showcases the iconic hotel and its perfect location to access, explore, discover and experience all that Cape Town has to offer.
South African musician and friend of The President, Matthew Mole, shared his excitement; “Although I live in Johannesburg, Cape Town is where I’m from – it’s my home. The President Hotel has gone above and beyond all expectations and has made my trips back home feel like complete luxury. They are the ultimate hosts – always so warm and welcoming, whether I’m there playing shows or staying over with my wife for the weekend. Thanks for having us as part of the family!”
Whether you’re seeking a hair standing on the back of your neck experience; or fine, locally sourced cuisine – with over 250 years hospitality experience, The President has something for every member of the family.
Characterised by its bright and large, open plan, beach lux design – complete with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lion’s Head – the hotel is leading the way with local hospitality best practice, implementing comprehensive health and safety measures. The SAFE programme was launched by the hotel over a month ago and is in full swing, with housekeeping cleaning high touch areas every 20 minutes with high quality hospital-grade products including SDST Surface Defence Standard Treatment containing a 90-Day Active Surface (SDST).
With the well-being of staff and guests a top priority for The President Hotel, to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 the following measures and standards of operations have been implemented under SAFE, to mention but a few:
- Complimentary Health Kits: guests will be provided with complimentary hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in each room / apartment.
- Non-Invasive Temperature Screenings: upon arrival at the hotel, all staff and guests will be screened by non-invasive temperature checks.
- Keyless Entry: guests are able to use their mobile devices with the hotel’s Bluetooth door locks to enter their room / apartment.
- Contactless Check-in and Out: the hotel’s check-in process has been streamlined to utilise digital platforms and limit interaction.
- PPE: all hotel staff wear the relevant Personal Protective Equipment.
- Social Distancing: spaces throughout the hotel have been redesigned to respect social distancing requirements. Occupancy levels are closely monitored and where possible, rooms will be allocated according to social distancing norms (alternate rooms to be used) and will be left for a 48 hour waiting period after vacated.
- Isolation and Quarantine Procedures: already implemented prior to lockdown, the procedure includes intensive third-party disinfection and quarantine of a room occupied by guest(s) who become ill. Guests will be required to complete an online pre-arrival Medical and Travel declaration and all guest details will be recorded.
- Contactless Payment Options: a variety of contactless payment methods are available including Masterpass, Tap & Pay Credit Card Machines, SnapScan and iVeri Secure Payment Gateway.
- Advanced Cleaning Technology: hospital-grade cleaning products, SDST, electrostatic sprayers and HEPA-grade air purifiers will be used to maintain the highest standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- Food and Beverage: food and beverage offerings will be pre-wrapped, grab-and-go options that are prepared under strict hygiene conditions. Sustainable single-use packaging is used where possible.
- Health and Safety Manager: on-site Health and Safety Manager available 24 hours a day. Health inspection certification by external suppliers.
For more details on SAFE, read here.
“Our doors are open and we are ready to welcome you back! Our team continues to support the safe and earlier re-opening of international inbound travel. #SouthAfricaIsTravelReady, as is The President Hotel,” concluded Executive Director, Jeremy Clayton.
As a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts family – the world’s largest independent hotel brand representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences across 85 countries – The President maintains its iconic status through unique luxury offerings and welcoming guests back to a safe and clean space that respects their privacy and encourages social distancing in the Mother City.
PLEASE NOTE: We’ve updated our booking policies.
We only require prepayment for your first night’s accommodation and this will need to be paid within 24 hours of making the reservation. NO prepayment required for reservations made for arrival on the same day.
FREE cancellation anytime after reservation is made. A full refund will be made to any bookings that have been confirmed and secured with a prepayment. No penalties or charges are applied to bookings that are changed or modified.