UPDATE: Pool Use for Hotel Guests Only 💦
As this year is a little different than most and we need to stick to #SAFEAtThePresident protocols, our pool will be reserved for hotel guests as of 1 December 2020 and until 15 February 2021.
Thank you to our local community for all your patience and understanding. Our restaurants and bar areas are still open to day visitors but booking is essential -> Email email email@example.com to book!
YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A HOTEL GUEST TO ENJOY OUR VIEWS, FOOD, DRINKS AND OUR KIDS PLAY AREA.
Everyone is welcome #AtThePresident, whether it’s for a drink, a meal or a dip in our pool! The President Hotel has become one of Cape Town’s most sought-after spots for breakfast, lunch, brunch, sundowners or dinner and we’d love to have you over, as often as you’d like to visit us. We’ve seen a major increase in visitors over the last year, with an expected increase for Summer so we’ve updated our policy, the details of which are all below.
Some of our highlights for locals include a menu to suit any kind of occasion, a wide selection of beverages, that pool of course, and a play area with dedicated child-minders to keep the kids occupied while the adults get some down time.
We keep our requirements to a minimum but please help us by reading the following:
- The President Hotel (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right, at its discretion, to allow or deny access to the Hotel property.
- We would be honoured to show you the property dependent upon in-house guest occupancy. Should we have availability to show you around, kindly make your way to the Day Visitor Desk where one of our Experience Hosts will show you around the property. There may be limitations on the areas we are able to share with you according to in-house guest occupancy.
- Entry for a day at the pool is permitted only if the Hotel has availability and day visitors are urged to book in advance (via firstname.lastname@example.org) to guarantee access to the Hotel. Unfortunately, if the Hotel is at full capacity, the pool and terrace area is reserved for our in-house guests only.
- In order to maintain standards, we will be able to welcome a maximum of 8 people at any one time. Exceptions can be made if there is availability and booked in advance.
- A charge of R100 and a minimum spend of R200 per adult will apply to all day visitors who wish to make use of the pool for the day. Total spend of R300. A voucher will be issued upon arrival and can be used for the purchase of food or beverages from any of our restaurant, café or bars.
- No minimum spend applies to children when accompanied by an adult (maximum of 2 children per adult).
- This policy applies to visits during the hours of 10am and 4pm.
- Should a day visitor’s account be more than the prepaid R200 per adult they are liable to settle the excess upon departure.
- No pets, cooler boxes, braai or other cooking equipment, music, tents, food or drink may be brought into the Hotel and any day visitors not complying will be asked to leave the property.
- The use of loungers, towels, swimming pools and other equipment and facilities is dependent upon in-house guest occupancies.
- Day visitors are to be suitably attired on arrival and whilst making use of the President Hotel facilities.
- The President Hotel (Pty) Ltd. is determined to provide the best quality facilities and the highest standards of service in Cape Town. As such we management may from time to time ask visitors to vacate the premises without prior notice.
- We hope that you enjoy your day at the pool with us!
- The pool is only available to hotel guests during our peak period from 1 December 2020 to 15 February 2021.
Let us know if you have any questions, otherwise enjoy your experience #AtThePresident!